Using hair rollers is a great way to make straight and limp hair bounce back to life. When skilfully used, hair rollers can add curls to hair or simply add volume and lift. Hair rollers are not only easy to use, but they cause less damage to hair as compared to chemical curling techniques and curling irons.
You will need
- Hair rollers of varying sizes, relevant to your hair length
- Styling product
- Hair clips
- Bobby pins or metal hair clips
- Ensure hair is thoroughly washed. Add a water based styling product or gel.
- Using comb, part hair into three or four sections, and pin or clip them into place. Work on each section at a time, while the other sections are clipped neatly in place.
- Take a small section from the upper layers or sections of hair and start rolling it onto the roller. While rolling, begin with winding the ends of the hair tightly around the roller, until you reach the scalp.
- Clip the roller with a bobby pin or clip to hold it in place. It is important to be able to roll the hair tightly from the start. If you have a loose beginning you will have to start the rolling process over. It is best to pull the hair slightly at regular intervals as it is being wound over the roller; this ensures that the hair is being rolled with equal tautness all along the length, resulting in even curls.
- Add hairspray to the hair as it is being wound over the rollers to help the curls set better.
- After all the sections have been wound around the rollers, spraying hairspray again could ensure that no portion of hair is unsprayed.
- Leave the hair to air dry, or use a blow dryer to hasten the process of setting curls.
- If using a blow dryer, do not hold it too close the the hair, as it might damage the hair or burn the scalp. For better results, allow the hot air to blow lightly over each roller.
- Cover your hair with a hair net if you plan to sleep with them in your hair.
- When the hair is completely dry, remove rollers. If the hair has been blow dried, wait till the hair cools down.
- If you started with dry hair, remove the rollers after 5-15 minutes.
- Remove rollers one at a time by gently rotating it in the opposite direction of the curl. As the roller is removed, the hair should be brushed through to allow the curls fall with the natural flow of the hair.
- Run the curls through with your hands and gently introduce them to the rest of the hair to achieve the desired hairstyle.
- Practise and experiment with rollers, as this will enable you to create exciting curly hairstyle for yourself.
- Minimise your use of hairspray if you want more volume that curl. Using hairspray will set the curls and make them hard to brush out if you want to create waves and volume.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Use Hair Rollers ,