DVD Shrink is a computer program that is used to compress, decompress, and copy DVD files, these are mainly movies. All you need is a DVD burner and you will be able to store and duplicate all your DVDs.
This article will provide you with the necessary information as to how you can utilize DVD Shrink to achieve all these options.
Things you will need
- DVD shrink
- DVD blank disc
- Buy or download the DVD shrink program, follow the instructions, and make sure it is properly installed. Open the program by clicking the icon which is normally found on the desktop or by clicking start and going into your program files.
- Insert the disc you want to copy from, and then click the open disk option at the top. The program will provide a list of drives, depending on how many disc drives you have installed so you can select the drive that has the disc you want to copy from.
- The program will provide you with the option of previewing and saving particular segments of the DVD or its entire contents if you wish. To do this go to the ‘Re-author’ option so sections such as extras, subtitles, audio, or certain options may be removed to your preference and keep the files that you want. This can help to reduce how much space is used to save the DVD file. To the right of the program shows how much you would like to compress the DVD file.
- When you are ready to start the process, click the ‘Backup” option at the top. This will provide you with the option of saving the file as either an ‘ISO file’ or just to save the files as is. If you are planning to burn back the files with say Nero it is advised that you use ‘ISO file”.
- Select the location on your hard drive where you would like the file to be saved and stored. You can also rename the file as you wish and then click ok so it starts the process. There are other options that you can review such as DVD regions, quality settings, options, and burn settings; these can be adjusted as necessary. When you are ready to save, click ok, the time it takes to complete may depend on the speed of your drive or computer system.
- When the DVD shrink has finished its job, click ok then you can remove the DVD from the drive and check the location where the file is to be saved to check that everything went accordingly.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not try to open the DVD drive while it is in the process of copying to a DVD.
- Do not try and shut down the computer while DVD shrink is in operation.