Over 214 different marker colors are available in copic markers that can be used for detailed lettering or drawing. Unlike regular markers, copic markers can last for years as instead of buying a whole new marker you can simply buy a refill. These copic markers are great as not only are they beautiful on paper but for once the ink substance does not rip the paper. This allows you blend and layer the colors without worry of damaging the paper. If you are going to use this marker there are a few steps to follow to use it correctly.
Things you will need
- Marker paper
- Multiliner Pens
- Copic Markers
- Blender Marker
- Colored pencils
- Color Wheel
- Copic Ink Refill
- Locate and prepare the color palette of your choice.
- Begin with the lightest color you have.
- Create a shadow by using 2 different shades of the same color.
- Layer along edges or any areas that require depth.
- Select the direction in which you would like light cast upon a specific figure.
- Use small, broken strokes to achieve an effect of texture or highlight on a figure.
- Feel free to experiment with different techniques.
- Consider buying copic colors minimally and build your own set of copic markers. Ready made sets tend to be very costly so feel free to take it one step at a time.
- Do not leave the markers open for long periods of time as they dry easily.
- Do not leave the ink refills in the way of children.