Azureus, now called Vuze, is an easy-to-use peer-to-peer software application that is available for both Macintosh and Windows computers.
It is free to download and has a variety of options for any level of user.
You will need
- Computer with Internet connection
- Azureus software application
- Start the software installation by double-clicking the icon to start; follow the prompts until your version is installed.
- Have your system information prepared. You will be asked for system-specific information including how fast your upload and download speeds are.
- Change the port from the default 6881 to a number between 49152 and 65534. Be sure to test the port; when you receive an OK message, move on to the next step.
- Soon after you have Azureus installed correctly, you may start searching for torrent files to download.
- Select your torrent for download and start the process. To download a file, click on the ‘Download this Torrent’ link on the web page. This will give you the option of saving the file to a disk or opening it with Azureus.
- Select ‘Open with Azureus’ and the program will open and start downloading the files.
- Select your files and a box should open in Azureus showing each of the files in the torrent that you are downloading. Click it and Azureus will start downloading the files.
- Choose your optimum download and upload limit. In your Azureus settings, you can choose how many downloads and uploads you want running at each time. Refer to the Azureus ‘Good Settings’ document for information specific to your download speeds.
- Find your downloaded files by going to the default download directory. This is usually in My Documents (for Windows users) and under Torrents or Downloads.