Ever since the inception of the first IPod, the Apple Company has continuously produced a line of quality IPod mp3 players and the IPod Shuffle is not an exception. The IPod Shuffle is the smallest of all the IPods with no LCD display to show your contents and is also the most affordable. It has a storage space ranging from 512 MB to 4 GB of flash memory. It goes well for persons who enjoy listening to music while being physically active and is particularly popular among persons who jog or work out. So even though its small you can still bring thousands of music wherever you are.
Things you will need
- IPod Shuffle
- IPod USB connection
- IPod headphones or speakers
- Computer (PC or MAC)
- If you don’t already have one, purchase your brand new IPod Shuffle on the apples online store (www.apple.com) or in an electronic store. The IPod Shuffle is available in a series of different colours that you can choose from.
- If you have received an installation disc with your IPod Shuffle, us it to install ITunes onto your computer. If you don’t have it installed, go to Apple’s official website (www.apple.com) to download the latest version.
- After ITunes has been installed, connect your IPod Shuffle to your computer using the IPod USB connection. Go to the music store and go to the ‘Account’ button if you want to setup an account and register your IPod Shuffle to receive certain updates. You will be asked to input your personal information so Apple will know about you as a customer and the type of products you have.
- Go through ITunes and use your mouse to drag and drop songs into the different playlists accordingly or you can delete songs that you don’t want to listen anymore. There are already some preset playlists but you can make and name your own. This option can be found to the left side of ITunes to create a playlist to add whatever songs you like. You can either transfer songs that are already on your computer or you can buy songs from the Apple/ITunes music store. The music formats that can be used on the Shuffle are MP3, WAV, AAC and AA.
- When all the songs have been completely transferred then you can disconnect the IPod Shuffle. To the left side of ITunes, there is an eject icon, you can click this to eject it and then disconnect the USB connection from the IPod Shuffle and computer.
- Because the IPod Shuffle has no display screen to see your music, all you have to do is press the play, the forward or backward button to navigate through your songs. Connect you headphones or your speakers and adjust the volume level and listen to your favourite set of songs.
- After using the Shuffle for awhile and the battery life depletes, just connect it back to the computer and it will automatically start to charge itself. The status light on the IPod Shuffle will tell the charging progress, the amber light means that it is still charging, while the green light means that the charging has been completed. The back of the Shuffle has a battery status button to show the level of charge and charging normally takes about two hours to complete..
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be careful of where you place the IPod Shuffle on you while you’re using it because it is so small it can be easily stolen or misplaced.
- Do not drop the IPod Touch, it is very sensitive and may malfunction if this happens.
- Do not put your IPod Shuffle close to water or heat; this may cause damage especially because this version of the IPod is so much smaller.
- Check for updates from ITunes or from the Apple website (www.apple.com) from time to time to see if there is any more support for your IPod Shuffle that could enhance the functionality of your IPod.