Vaporizers are sometimes used by persons as a relief during the cold and flu seasons for symptom such as coughing, running nose and coughs. The vaporizer uses heat and water to produce steam or vapor form oils or plant to create a soothing aroma to clear your lungs. Using a vaporizer can be particularly helpful when the air is extremely dry to protect your lungs.
Things you will need
- Oils (lavender or anything of your choice)
- Buy a pack of vaporizer form a health store and clean the water reservoir. Add some bleach into some warm water; you can also add vinegar to the solution to help dissolve certain residue. Make sure you read the instruction manual of the vaporizer to see if there any particular details about using the device you need to know about.
- Dry out the reservoir and fill it with distilled water with a bit of table salt to help it with the heating process. Some persons even chop and grind certain herbs to use with the vaporizer to get the essence from it through the steam. Put the vaporizer in the area where you are going to use it, plug it into an electrical outlet, then turn it on and allow it to heat up. After about 8 – 10 minutes or so the steam should begin to flow from the vaporizer.
- Then add a few drops of oil in either the water or into a special holder if there is one provided for medication. Lavender oil and eucalyptus oil is a good combination to relieve chest and nasal congestions. This will provide the steam with a pleasant odor along with the oils to relief persons from the cold and flu.
- Use the mouthpiece from the vaporizer and place it to your mouth. Now relax and enjoy the steam from the vaporizer as it flows through your nostrils and soothes your body. When you are done, turn off the vaporizer, plug it from the outlet, repackage it and put it somewhere safe for storage.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not place small children in the area where the vaporizer will be in operation. They may not be able to handle the heat of the steam coming from the vaporizer
- Do not place your furniture close to the vaporizer. the heat and water content from the steam don’t go very well with furniture.
- Make sure that you clean the vaporizer is every week, before and after every use.