Sony Walkman is a line of portable music MP3 players produced by the first company to invent portable music in a personal form–Sony.
Their Walkman line offers stylish, compact, and sleek MP3 players with a multitude of unique features.
Although there are a wide variety of players in this line, this article will give a very general and basic guide to using a Sony Walkman MP3 player.
You will need
- Sony Walkman MP3 Player
- SonicStage CD-ROM
Before connecting your Walkman to the computer for the first time, install the SonicStage software, from the supplied CD-ROM, on your computer.
Even if you already have SonicStage software installed on your computer, you must install the SonicStage software supplied with your specific model of Sony Walkman before connecting it to the computer.
Transferring audio files from the computer to your Walkman
- Install the SonicStage software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM; follow this step only the first time you connect your MP3 player to the computer.
- Import audio files into the SonicStage software.
- Connect your MP3 player to your computer using the USB cable; “USB connect” will appear on the display of your MP3 player.
- Transfer audio files to your MP3 Player.
Listening to music with your Walkman MP3 player
- Connect headphones to the MP3 player.
- Start playback by pressing the button with a triangle and square on it.
- To stop playback, press the same button you used to start.
- Press the VOLUME +/- button to adjust the volume.
- To listen on repeat mode, press Menu while in stop mode.
- Use the rewind and forward buttons to find “REPEATMODE>” and press the play/stop button to confirm.
- Use the user manual for your specific model of Sony Walkman MP3 player to better understand and use it.
- Clean your Walkman casing with a soft cloth slightly moistened with water or a mild detergent solution.
- Clean the headphone plug periodically.
- Consult your nearest Sony dealer if you have any questions or problems concerning your Walkman.
- Avoid using the headphones at a high volume; keep the volume at a moderate level, this will allow you to hear outside sounds and to be considerate to the people around you.
- Take off the headphones immediately if there is lightning when you are using your Walkman.
- Use your Walkman where it will be subjected to extremes of light, temperature, moisture or vibration.
- Leave the Walkman exposed to high temperatures, such as in a car parked under direct sunlight.