A generator is a device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. It is this task that makes the generator so useful to us when there is a power outage. Once these devices where extremely big but with the up rise of the technical age scientists have been able to make them smaller and even portable. Due it this generators have now become available for home use but if you should decide to get your own personal generator there are a few steps you will need to follow to safelygive your house electricity during a power outage.
Things you will need
- Portable Generator
- Outdoor open canopy
- Heavy Duty Outdoor Extension Cord
- Generator Fuel
- Determine all the essential items that you would want the generator to back up.
- Note the amount of power that will be needed to run these items.
- Ensure that the generator can give the required amount of energy.
- Locate a dry area outside away from your windows to put your generator
- Use an open canopy as a shield for the generator and allow the generator to sit on the ground.
- Pour oil in the generator if necessary.
- Start the generator.
- Plug in the items you want to have power into a heavy duty extension cord.
- Attach your extension to the generator.
- Use for desired period.
- Turn off the generator.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add fuel to the generator.
- Place your generator away from all windows, doors, vents or openings that could allow the carbon monoxide from the generator to come indoors.
- Keep generator dry.
- Ensure generator is powered off and cool before adding fuel.
- Store generator fuel in an approved safety area. Keep locked away tightly, away from children.
- Never overload your generator.
- Never use a generator inside your house.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Use a Generator,