Coupons are vouchers which can be used when purchasing goods to gain a certain amount of discount. They can normally be found in most newspapers, coupon catalogues and some grocery stores. Coupons also come in the form of codes that you can fill out when purchasing to gain discounts as well.
Things you will need
- Coupon voucher
- Coupon book
- Search through your newspapers to find various coupon vouchers and use the scissors to cut them out. Make sure you read the details pertaining to the value of the discount and where and how each coupon can be used. Some coupons and coupon codes can even be found on the internet and downloaded. Just search online for a listing of online coupons.
- When you have the amount you need, save all of them in a book or file that you can use whenever you go shopping. It makes it easier to use when you organize them into categories with consideration to dates, brand, and type of good such as canned, cereal, dairy, baby food etc. this also helps you make your chopping easier when you are in each isle at the supermarket.
- If you are shopping online, you can use a coupon code to receive discounts. All you have to do is enter the code at the end of the checkout process where it states that you should and apply it. Then you should see the savings you have received on the specified item before you complete the order.
- When you are shopping make sure the coupon voucher matches with the brand and size of product. There are stores that offer to double your coupons, which mean they count each coupon twice. Call the stores in advance to get this information to know the terms and conditions. A lot of grocery stores also provide ‘in store’ coupons that you can get while you’re in the store.
- When you have collected all your goods in your trolley and you are cashing in, present all the coupon vouchers to the cashier. The person will then verify that the coupons are valid and will provide you with the discounts as stated by the voucher.
Do’s and Don’ts
- When you are searching for coupons, always make note of the dates to know when they will expire so you know when to use them
- Always organize your coupons, so they can be easily found and used whenever you go to shopping.